Planet & Ecology
The Rivis-490 System
Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.W. Clement Stone
The game takes place on the second planet out from the star Rivis 490. Rivis 490 is a small, main-sequence star with an orange appearance, approximately 25 light-years from Sol. The system contains 3 known planets and 2 planetoids:
- Rivis 490 c:
- The innermost planet is a large, very geologically-active super-Earth, hypothesised to still be in formative stages. The surface appears mostly molten, and its atmosphere contains high concentrations of sulphuric and nitric acid.
- Rivis 490 d:
- "Aurora", the setting of the game, a barely inhabitable desert world on the fringe of the habitable belt.
- Rivis 490 b:
- A large, Jupiter-like gas giant with many natural satellites, none of which possess many distinguishing characteristics from an initial scan.
- Dust belt:
- A large toroidal dust cloud, made up of fragments of rock, ice and, of course, dust.
- Rivis 490 e & f:
- Small, rocky, ice-covered planetoids with tenuous atmospheres and few features of note.